Yes .. they took FOREVER to get made. Almost a year.
New Harlick Custom Boots *Features (why)
* Low cut dance stay (allows better toe pointing for ice dancing)
* Higher heel (no idea .. but taller always sounds good to me!)
* Extra scallop for ankle flexibility (self explanatory)
* Comfy soft white pebble calf (self explanatory .. also this is my LAST pair of boots)
* Natural sole with chem glaze (I did not like the carbon graphite hard soles of my last pair)
New MK Dance Blades
* Shorter length blade (short tail for close steps and no more “click of death”)
* Toe pick designed for ice dancing not jumping (top pick very small - no reaching back for a toe jump) (bottom pick - I have no idea, but it’s harder to spin so far)
So after my first session on these pretty skates I think I will love them once I get used to balancing a spin and get more secure on my edges. Zero foot pain. First pair of boots that didn’t draw a little ankle blood on break in. I feel like they will improve my three turns and twizzles. I did do a nearly complete set of inside and outside edges of compulsory figures as well as double three turns on figure patterns. And I ran most of the Gold Moves in the Field (slowly) so I think I will be able to skate both dance and moves in the field with them.
I get too tired to skate more than one session normally, but this summer I may try skating multiple sessions in a row and changing my skates in between to get some regular Patch, Dance, Moves & Freestyle into each day I skate. Sounds like a diet that won’t succeed!