- Wide stepping my three turns
- Not really doing a back progressive - they look like chassés sometimes
- Lunging forward when stepping from RFO edge to LFO edge .. especially on three turns
On The Edge... Again
Fast Forward 32 years. Starting January 2, 2012, I am back on the ice doing something else that was unheard of .... Adult Figure Skating. We had "coffee club", which was like adult swim, but there was no opportunity for testing or competition.
It has now been 8 years since I got back on the ice. I have not competed since 2016 , but my blog is still going. My YouTube channel has over 1600 subscribers. That’s just crazy!
Friday, February 28, 2020
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
During my session today I practiced all three of the Bronze Ice Dances. I have probably said this before, but I must reiterate: Dancing solo is much harder than dancing with a partner. You really have to feel secure on your edges, especially the back edges.
It’s not the best video but you can see my trouble areas.
- Wide stepping the three turn on the Hickory Hoedown
- Going off pattern during the swing roll
- Doing Chasses vs back progressives on the Willow Waltz
- Wide stepping the three turn on the Willow Waltz
- Messing up the steps on all dances especially the Ten Fox (It’s pretty new)
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
I thought I felt good enough to skate till I got there and tried to stroke!