My coach gave me a list of things to work on and today I worked on almost all of them. Not with much success, but a real effort was made to try and get a feel for where I am going.
Things she wants me to have in my Silver FS program include:
- A Hydroblade Hydroblading is a figure skating move in the field in which a skater glides on a deep edge with the body stretched in a very low position, almost horizontal to the ice.
- A change edge spiral sequence (without putting your foot down)
- A flying camel spin, which to me is like a waltz jump landing in a camel spin (I know I will be corrected on that!)
- A change foot sit spin forward to back
- A split jump
- Some more complicated footwork using falling leaf, mazurkas, etc
- Oh yea .. add to that a real Lutz 3 jump combo + a Flip 2 jump combo
- A change edge spread eagle from outside to inside and *back to outside .. *that's the hard part
- And.. I kid you not... she said some Axel harness work was coming
Here's what I worked on today:
Special Thanks to my friend Heather for my belated "tossie" from her soon to debut skating accessory online store called redswanusa.com
Until it's debut go to: https://www.facebook.com/redswanusa
These are Bling Bars for your skate laces at the toe of your boot.
They are silver with hand set Swarovski crystals and they will make my boots look FABULOUS. No more over-the-boots tights for me!