|At the wall with my coach Berkley during warmup|
|Skating out getting into starting pose|
Here is how it went down:
What went wrong:
- My legs were shaking from warmups to end of my program
- I did a Waltz - Waltz instead of a Waltz - Toe Loop (kind of planned with my coach moments before we went on the ice)
- My spread eagle ended too close to the wall (out of the sight of the judges)
- My salchow-loop was way smaller than normal
- My straight line sequence was on a diagonal (I was trying to get back to the center of the rink)
- At the end of my crooked footwork sequence I two-footed the flip
- Then I made up the ending unlike what we planned
- The music ended… I was still skating for 5 seconds and omitted a pivot for the sake of time
- Camera failed for hubby 30 seconds into it.
What went right:
- I skated
- I did not fall
- I actually enjoyed about 20 seconds of the 1:50 of it…
- It's over
- I'm not discouraged and want to try again
We had to buy the $40 video from the professional since my camera stopped taping in the middle. 5-6 weeks they say.
I was the only one in my event. I have no idea if I placed 1st or 2nd .. I would guess 2nd since I didn't do all the required jumps correctly. Somehow I didn't have enough discussion with my coach about how it all works. I was really hoping for a judges critique.