I was disappointed however that I felt shaky most of the session. My legs felt wobbly. My edges didn't feel secure. I spent most of my free practice time warming up and running through the Adult Pre-Bronze Moves-In-The-Field.
1. Forward perimeter stroking Today I felt tired and very insecure skating clockwise.
2. Basic consecutive edges My inside front (FI) edges and my back outside (BO) edges need work.
3. Forward and backward crossovers I need better prep for the swing roll and exiting the pattern
4. Waltz eight The left 3 turn is being over rotated.
5. Forward right and left foot spirals This is so difficult for me. My legs are too heavy and I need more flexibility in my back. Balance is ok.
My lesson at the end of my practice went pretty well. My coach thinks that I will ace my Pre-Bronze MIF test (providing my nerves don't get the best of me) and is starting to teach me the Adult Bronze Moves-In-The-Field. Today she taught me the first two.
Adult Bronze Moves in the Field Test
1. Forward and backward perimeter power stroking This is how I do my basic warm up anyway.
2. Forward power three-turns All new for me. It felt like a dance sequence. Again I over rotated.
3. Alternating backward crossovers to backward outside edges
4 Forward circle eight
5. Five-step mohawk sequence
After I got off the ice there was an email on my phone from Harlick's. My blades are due to arrive on Wednesday this week and my boots and blades should be shipped by the end of this week! I am so excited, yet aprehensive about being in stiff boots and an advanced blade. The last time I started skating on a Phantom blade I was skating far better.